Meet the Doctor
As an actress, a beautiful smile is invaluable! Dr. McKenzie helped make me feel glamorous and beautiful – in a spa-like environment! I recommend her to all my friends.
~ Kara Michele Wilder (Actress – ""Let's Be Cops"", produced by 20th Century Fox - will be released in theaters nationwide August 13, 2014)
Dr. Michaela McKenzie is a highly respected cosmetic dentist who practices healthy, biological techniques. She discovered her artistic talent and love of creating beauty early in life. Her father, a renowned engraver, was known around the world for his exceptional work, attention to detail, and inherent ability to make designs come alive. He was commissioned by heads of state, including the Queen of England, and he helped Michaela develop her inherited artistic talent, and passion for perfection.
Dr. McKenzie is a native of London, and she has lived and studied in Germany, under a scholarship earned for academic excellence. She attended University of Arizona, where she earned degrees in biochemistry and in German. She also completed several research projects at the respected Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, before going on to attend Creighton University School of Dentistry, where she earned her DDS degree.
From the beginning of her studies, Dr. McKenzie knew that she wanted to incorporate her artistic talents into her dental practice, and create truly dazzling smiles. She joined the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry while still in dental school, making her one of two members in the State of Nebraska at the time.
A firm believer in the power of knowledge and experience, Dr. McKenzie has completed numerous post-graduate training courses, attended lectures, and collaborated with other dentists to share ideas and experiences. She continues to enhance her expertise at every opportunity, and her many credentials include:
- Accreditation from the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies – multiple courses, including the Master Aesthetic dental program
- AACD – multiple courses, including the accreditation workshop and Advanced Esthetic Artistry
- Invisalign certification
- Dental implant training – multiple courses (also introduced ceramic implants to Georgia)
- Pacific Aesthetic Continuum – Functional Anterior Aesthetic Program
- The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Atlanta Society of Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Academy of General Dentists
- The American Dental Association
- Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions