Services provided by a general dentist in Buckhead
At Dazzling Smiles in Buckhead, we welcome patients who are interested in visiting a dentist for a wide range of solutions. We provide general and preventative dentistry, as well as cosmetic and restorative options for those who want to repair their smiles or correct problems that may have occurred over the years. Dr. Michaela McKenzie is a biological dentist who is on the board of the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology). The doctor wants only the best for her patients in achieving healthier, more beautiful smiles. Below are just a few of the services provided in her practice for preventative and general dentistry:
- Dental fillings - fillings are used when patients are faced with decay. Our practice focuses on restorations that are safe and appropriate for the smile, which is why we only offer composite resin fillings instead of silver amalgam fillings.
- Dental bonding - composite resin bonding is a wonderful method for addressing imperfections in teeth. This material can be formed around teeth that are broken or chipped, or even applied to the front of teeth that are permanently stained or oddly shaped.
- Sealants - sealants can be applied to the teeth in order to give a coating to fill pits and grooves where the accumulation of plaque and tartar are likely to occur. When this happens, it puts patients at risk for developing areas of decay and periodontal disease.
- Diagnostic x-rays – by using digital x-rays that reduce radiation exposure, Dr. Michaela McKenzie is able to provide diagnostics with a clear view of the teeth and jawbone.
- Professional cleanings - often, a professional cleaning through a dental practice can do wonders in enhancing the beauty and the overall oral health of a natural smile.