Dr. McKenzie not only is passionate about caring about her Holistic Approach in Dentistry, but helped me tremendously in preventing future problems with my teeth.
I been a patient of hers for 4 years after a previous dentist of mine retired. Little did I know my old dentist of 7 years neglected my teeth, stated that I had no cavities. When his new dentist took over the practice I found out I had several cavities, root canal, and 3 crowns. I knew I needed to find the Best for my teeth, a dentist that is concerned for the health of my teeth which in turn is a healthy well being. Dr. McKenzie was what I was looking for in a dentist, my teeth are now perfect, healthy, and comfortable. I was so pleased with her dental work that now my husband and mom do fly all the way from Florida to go see Dr. Michaela McKenzie. She is the most professional Dentist Around!
~ Jacqueline McLarin
Why gum health is importantDr. McKenzie provides healthy, nonsurgical treatment options for patients with periodontal (gum) disease. However, she believes that the best cure for any problem is prevention, and she is dedicated to helping her patients maintain healthy gums for life.
Did you know? Keeping your gums healthy may help:
- Keep your natural teeth strong and healthy for life
- Avoid cavities, especially along the gumline
- Manage certain systemic diseases such as diabetes more easily
- Improve the appearance of your smile, because gum recession can make teeth appear uneven or too long
- Keep your mouth sparkling clean, and your breath kissably fresh
Naturally wonderfulThe secret to successful prevention is stopping bacteria before they colonize. Brushing and flossing is vital, but some bacteria will always be present and it’s not possible to clean every pit, fissure, nook, and cranny. Therefore, a threefold approach is needed. Your first line of defense is oral hygiene and regular professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar. Next is a healthy immune system to protect from the inside out. Finally, nontoxic, immune boosting, and bacteria-fighting oral care products help protect your gums from the outside in.
Don’t worry; you don’t need harsh chemicals or invasive treatments to keep disease and infection at bay. We offer:
- PerioComfort™ Soothing Gel – A proprietary blend of organic ingredients, including ethically wildcrafted herbals, essential oils, and patented Phytoplenolin® provide fast relief from gum or tooth discomfort. It helps soothe, restore, and strengthen distressed tissues, leaving your mouth feeling clean and your breath minty fresh.
- PerioClear™ Alcohol-Free Mouthwash – Enjoy hours of fresh breath and help protect your periodontal health with this natural, non-alcohol mouth rinse. The organic blend of powerful essential oils and respectfully gathered wildcrafted herbal ingredients work together synergistically, to freshen breath, and hydrate and protect oral tissues. The ingredients include Folic Acid, Co-Q10, Peppermint oil, Clove oil, Thyme oil, Oregano oil, Olive Leaf, Green Tea, Echinacea, and Phytoplenolin®.
- PeriDent Tooth Soap & Whitener – It may not be the most attractive name, but it is an excellent, natural product to help you maintain an attractive smile. It contains stain removing baking soda, acid neutralizing calcium carbonate, and bacteria fighting Xylitol, along with a proprietary blend of essential oils.
Maintaining good periodontal health is just one of many reasons to visit us every six months. We are here to help you keep your smile dazzling! Give us a call at (404) 900-5175 and schedule an appointment today.